Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Big Day

I woke up this morning in the best mood! I'm going home today! I was admitted to the hospital on March 2nd and today is April 10th. That is 38 days. 38 DAYS!!! I know that a lot of people are in the hospital for a lot longer, but this was a long time for our family to endure. It really tested not only us, but our friends and family. And let me day that we are blessed with the most amazing support system ever. The things people did (and continue to do) for us is humbling and inspiring. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to express my gratitude to those who have helped. Especially those that took my kids into their houses, fed them, helped with homework, and just basically treated them liked one of their own. There are really no words.

Thank you to those who took time out of their lives to visit me. I really found that I looked forward to the social interaction with good friends...love you guys. 

It is surreal that I'll be packing my stuff up and finally go back to my family. I kind of won't believe it until I'm in the car driving away from the hospital...kind of doesn't seem real right now.

I am most excited to just be a mom and a wife again. To wake up with my kids, in my house and to be there for them. To wake up next to my husband and take on the day with him together. I miss everything about it from breaking up kid fights and helping settle arguments, to kisses, hugs, and kneeling in prayer together before bed...and I'll try to remember that feeling when the kids drive me crazy...because they will...haha! I need to remember that is it better to be there than to not. No matter what.

I am most grateful to my Heavenly Father. I have worked very hard, but it is because of his tender mercies that I have come this far. We take so much for granted in our lives. This has been a great reminder to be grateful for everything and to give thanks to our God for all that we have.

I have to wait until this afternoon to leave the hospital, but it will be a wonderful thing.




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you to be home and for your family to be together again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete