Thursday, April 11, 2013

Next Few Steps

I have just got through the hardest part of my second round of the new ICE regimen. Everything is progressing well and going to plan.

Next step, a PET scan, bone marrow biopsy and a spinal tap. All of those procedures need to cooperate! I'm ok with the first two...spinal stuff freaks me out.

Then on to the next two big things. 6 treatments of inrathecal chemotherapy (read, injections into my spine) and a stem cell transplant. Ouch!!!

To be honest I am nervous about both of these things. They are so invasive, but they are pretty near the only thing we haven't tried yet to get rid of this for good. That is why I proceed. The hope of a better future keeps me going.

One week at a time. I can do this. (I am constantly telling this to myself!)




No comments:

Post a Comment